Friday, September 5, 2014

#DIY Gift Idea: #Handmade Tea Bags / Tea Sachets Filled with Organic Tea

Keeping it short this time: I wanted to try making my own tea sachets filling them with homegrown and self-harvested tea. It turned out that making those tea sachets are easier and faster than I thought, and they turned out looking a lot better than I was hoping. 


Materials for a sachet: 
  • fabrics, 
  • scissors,
  • cotton thread and needle.


(I've seen online that people make teabags from coffee filters as well.)

For decorating the free end of a thread - wherever your imagination flows. My imaginations found little black stones from a broken bracelet.

For filling: herbal tea and a teaspoon to make filling a sachet easier.

I put around 1 teaspoon of  herbs (maybe a bit more) in each sachet. My tea bags got filled with the mixture of raspberry leaves, chamomile, peppermint and catnip. 

I guess I know what I'm going to make as Christmas presents for friends this year :) 

I didn't take pictures of the process, but a lot of them of the result :) 
(Click on pictures to enlarge them)





Have you made tea bags at home? Any tips or tricks? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, experiences or questions you would like to share? Do it here :)